Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's the best beef to use for beef stir fry? Any recipes? The beef is always tough!?

Just go cheap and use Round or Chuck. I marinade for a few hours with a nice acidic brew to breakdown the meat substantially before cooking. Mixtures w/wine and or vinegar, soy sauce even buttermilk are acidic and help to tenderize before cooking.What's the best beef to use for beef stir fry? Any recipes? The beef is always tough!?
I use filet mignon but that can get really expensive. I buy the whole filets in the bag when they go on sale really cheap and break them down into different parts. I use the smaller parts for stir fry.What's the best beef to use for beef stir fry? Any recipes? The beef is always tough!?
Flank steak, sliced thin, is a common cut used in beef stir fry. Marinating helps tenderize meat as well. If the beef is tough, you're either using a cut that's not suitable for stir fry or you're cooking it too long.
I would use shell steak.
usually i find that a fast fry steak marinated and sliced will work great, its easy and cheap.
I use beef tips...mine are never tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment